
Okay, so most of you are probably noticing the recent flood of postings and must be thinking that I have become incredibly efficient or somehow stumbled upon the "fountain of time". NO SUCH LUCK! In recent weeks I have had the unfortunate happen and have been bed-ridden for almost 3 weeks. Before your minds wander
tooooo far let me clear the air...No, I'm not pregnant. I just herniated a disc in my lower back and it is severely lodged into the nerves that control my left leg. So at this point the only way I can escape the pain is to revert to the fetal position. I've tried steroids and
cortisone injections and apparently my case is so severe I am headed for surgery on Friday to correct the problem. It has been very difficult since I am useless as a mom, wife, taxi driver, housekeeper, chef, professional shopper, baseball cheerleader, and so many more volunteer positions that I hold. But I must say that I have never felt so blessed than I do now. So many family and friends have stepped up and taken over every need that has come up. And I especially don't want to leave out my husband. He has become a real Mr. Mom and if it weren't for the fact that we kind of really need his income to survive...I think we might be onto something with him spending so much time at home. The other night he looked really, really tired and I asked him if he was going to bed and he said "No, I have to go check homework and get backpacks ready for school". I must admit that it was actually a pretty pleasing moment for me as a mom (just wish it was under different circumstances). Anyways, they say my recovery time will be 6-8 weeks. So that can only mean one thing: check back often for frequent "posts". (at least for the next 6-8 weeks).
No comments:
Post a Comment