Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Long Time Coming......


Okay, so I know that this will be the longest post ever...but I assure you that it won't take as long to read as it did to create! This past July, we went to Durango, Colorado to stay with my Dad & Lil. They have recently purchased a summer home there and invited us to visit for a week. As most of you know, this is where I was born and where my heart belongs. I can honestly say that it is the most beautiful country that I have ever seen. So to share it with "my boys" was a little piece of heaven for me.


We were able to go fishing at a friend's private lake. The lake was fully stocked and the boys loved it! Unfortunately, they will forever be spoiled (since the only part of patience they think fishing involves is waiting for Papa to get the fish off the hook).









Maddox's definition of fishing means eating his fair share of "fishy crackers". At which he is a professional.

We were able to spend a couple of days at Durango Mountain (previously Purgatory). The boys had a blast doing the alpine slide and riding the chair lift for the 1st time!



Of course, being on vacation myself, my brain tried to take some time off and I forgot that Maddox, despite just having just turned a year old, had been walking for a good few months. Therefore I forgot that he needed shoes. So we settled for some super duper thick socks that I ended up buying in the ski shop. They cost as much as a pair of new shoes would have cost, but Maddox loved them and they even seemed to add a little "pep" to his "step"!





The boys were so excited! They even got to do this bungee thing which was pretty cool. Paco was quite the little sport!



During a little relaxation time, Maddox was able to recieve his first lesson in "STAR WARS" given by Brock.






While Brock was playing "teacher", his older brothers and dad were riding the rapids! FUN !





HONEYVILLE






Jman spotting the QUEEN BEE








In my opinion, THE PICTURE OF THE TRIP!!! Maddox hugging the honeyville bear.




My daring young men decided to go gliding. They had such a great time and, as you can see, the views were amazing!







All in all, it was a fabulous vacation! One that we weren't sure whether or not would happen due to my back surgery beginning of June and hernia surgery the week before. But we were able to pull it off and the boys have talked about it ever since. Just yesterday, we were in the car and Brock said to me "I want to go back to that place we went to this summer". And, of course, being that I left my heart there, I said "Definitely"!!




1 comment:

Paula K said...

Amazing pics, amazing post. I almost feel like I went on vacation with you... and it makes me miss you and the boys. Hope you are doing well. Happy Halloween!